Friday, February 6, 2009

Tender Mercies






On Jan. 31, 2009 I was able to see one of my dreams come true. I was able to baptize one of my own children into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a great emotional & spiritual experience. To be able to hold the Priesthood and act in Jesus Christs' name as if he were here Himself and baptize my child into His church is an indescribable event.



Some of my family members were able to travel on a very short trip and join in on this glorious event & weekend.



The weekend was full of great and spiritual times. It all started just having my family here with me. Then I was able to attend the temple with my family members. To be in the temple with those family members we are sealed to is the greatest of blessings & feelings! Because of the distance between all of us it had been many years since this last happened. This made it even more special.



Then of course the baptism. A day that will always be close to my heart. Our Heavenly Father is full of tender mercies. It is true we live in very unstable & perilous times, but it is also true that our Heavenly Father, if we choose to see them sends us many tender mercies. This weekend was a true tender mercy that has been sent directly from my Heavenly Father and I thank Him will all my heart for the little things that matter.



No comments: